Monday, October 18, 2010

travelin' north, travelin' north to find you, train wheels beatin', wind in my eyes

photographically, we have finally my home in this journey abroad. salamanca is a great city.  it is the perfect size for a student, and my residencia is very close to campus, which is great.  this is definitely a college town though. it takes party school to a whole new level in many ways. it was rather shocking my first night in the residencia, a sunday, to have a neighbor come back and ask if i wanted to go hit the bars and drink. but then, as the week wore on, i saw that it is not just weekend nights everyone is going out. it is every night. and it is not just going out til 1 or 2. it is going out until 3, 4, 5 and some people 6 am. multiple, if not every, night of the week.

needless to say, i have not really been participating heavily in that part of the culture. but, i do love my classes and especially love this city!

as always, i present some of my reasons why:



























 this is my residencia:




 this is my street basically:




 this is one of my daily views on my way to class:


No comments:

Post a Comment